Los Angeles Unified School District
Hamlin Charter Academy
A National Blue Ribbon School
A California Distinguished School
22627 Hamlin Street, West Hills, CA 91307
Telephone: 818.348-4741 Fax: 818.348-3506
August 1, 2022
To the Community of Hamlin Charter Academy,
We hope that you are enjoying your summer break. We are excited to meet our newly enrolled students and welcome back our continuing students. We continue to have the highest standard of safety protocols in place for the start of the 2022-23 school year, based on recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and Los Angeles County Department of Public Health. We are looking forward to having everyone back together learning safely. Please note that our recommendations are based on the CDC current guidelines. The following list reflects the information as of late July/early August and can change at any time:
· It is recommended, but not required for students and staff to always wear a mask indoors
· Daily Pass will still be implemented regularly, until further notice
· PCR weekly testing at school sites has been discontinued
· PCR tests are available for symptomatic staff and students at specific locations
· Antigen tests are available in the office, and they are required for students and staff who are exhibiting COVID symptoms such as sore throat, cough, headache, fever, nausea/vomiting, or diarrhea
· Close contacts, such as a family member residing in the same household, are also required to take an antigen test.
In addition to providing your child with robust academic instruction, we also recognize the need for effective intervention, Social Emotional Learning (SEL), and rebuilding our Hamlin community. We will continue to mitigate the learning loss caused by the pandemic with increased intervention during the school day. Social-Emotional Learning is the foundation for social and emotional growth, and it helps students cultivate resilience. We will have increased opportunities for parent involvement and engagement during the school day. This will lead to increased connections for students, parents, and staff. It will also cultivate new relationships within our Hamlin community.
Because health and safety are our number one priority, many of our routine procedures have changed. It is important for families to become familiar with our procedures; therefore, all new parents are encouraged to attend an orientation session in person. Orientation will be in our auditorium on Friday, August 12th. Pre-K. TK, and kinder families will attend the first session from 1:00-2:00 PM and 1st through 5th families will attend the second session from 2:15 PM – 3:15 PM.
We hope that ALL Hamlin families join us on Saturday, August 13th for our annual Ice Cream Social. The Ice Cream Social will be an in-person event this year. This is an opportunity to meet other Hamlin families, receive your child’s classroom assignment,